Rank/Appointment: Assistant Professor, Tenure Track.
The Department of Rehabilitation Sciences located in the College of Allied Health on the OU-Tulsa Schusterman Campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma invites applications from occupational therapists with an earned post- professional doctorate to apply for a 12 month, tenure track appointment in our innovative and expanding Occupational Therapy program.
The OU Occupational Therapy program has a 48-year history of attracting students from around the country through excellence in education and research. Our program at OU-Tulsa enjoys the richness of collaboration with multiple disciplines across two campuses, the OU Tulsa Schusterman Center and the OU Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City. Specifically, the Tulsa campus has collaborative opportunities with Community Medicine, Social Work, and Education. The OU Occupational Therapy program shares a unique interprofessional curriculum with our Doctor of Physical Therapy program. Tulsa is a beautiful, metropolitan city ranked as a Best Place to Live with world class parks, recreation, and the arts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Occupational Therapist with an earned post- professional doctoral degree that prepares the candidate for research.
- Candidate must be licensed in Oklahoma or meet all eligibility requirements for Oklahoma Licensure.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with faculty from other OUHSC disciplines contributing to the interprofessional education of physical and occupational therapy students.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Post Professional degree completed (PhD, EdD,DSc, DRPH).
- Contemporary knowledge in the Occupational Therapy Framework and OT theories & practice models.
- Educational, clinical or research experience in cognition, aging, chronic conditions and occupational science frameworks.
- Experience with promoting social justice, eliminating health disparities, or building an inclusive environment for all.
- Experience in an academic setting and three years of professional practice experience.
- Experience with adults, older adults is a priority
- Evidence of research/scholarly contributions.
- Evidence of innovative solutions in teaching, practice or research.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills through engagement and reflection.
- Experience in distance technology and learning management platforms.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite programs and an openness to new technology.
Supports the development of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences through research, teaching, and service activities.
OU is an AA/EO institution. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
SEND LETTER OF INTEREST AND CURRICULUM VITA: JESSICA TSOTSOROS , PHD, OTR/L
Chair of Search Committee email@example.com