Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Clinical Laboratory Science Program is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to fill a non-tenure/tenure-track Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position with Clinical Chemistry teaching responsibilities in the undergraduate traditional and online Clinical Laboratory Science programs.
The traditional CLS program is a 2 + 2 course of study and the online program is a 12-month post-baccalaureate certificate/second degree program, both are accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. These programs are part of the TTUHSC School of Health Professions that is located within a major academic medical center in Lubbock Texas. Lubbock is a city of over 250,000 on the South Plains of West Texas, with a family-friendly atmosphere, good schools and a national ranking for a low cost of living and short average commute. Apply online at https://jobs.ttuhsc.edu/ by searching the keyword: CLS or requisition number: 21868BR. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will continue until the position is filled. Preferably this individual would be available to begin April 26, 2021.
- Delivery of CLS curriculum, primarily in clinical chemistry (traditional and online), as both didactic and laboratory course director
- Additional responsibilities include teaching undergraduate or graduate courses as assigned by the program director or department chair within the department
- Preparation of student assessments as appropriate for students’ academic training.
- Serve as academic advisor to CLS students
- Design and develop research and scholarly activities appropriate to this academic rank
- Mentor student research projects
- Participate at all faculty meetings; serve on committees as assigned
- Work with peers, support staff and members of the community as needed
- Provide clinical service as part of the Health Professions Practice Plan
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D./Doctoral degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience at the college level required
- Active Certification as MLSCM or MT(ASCP)CM
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills required
- Research/scholarly abilities appropriate to academic rank
According to a recent survey conducted by the Great Colleges to Work for program, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUSHC) is one of the best colleges in the nation to work for. TTUHSC includes the School of Health Professions, the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing, the School of Pharmacy and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Within the Schools are numerous divisions, centers and programs dedicated to specific areas of clinical care, teaching and research. The TTUHSC consists of several campuses and works as a partner with Texas Tech University to provide quality academic and clinical education. Visit www.ttuhsc.edu for more information.
The TTUHSC is an EEO/AA Employer