The mission of the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University (HNRCA) is to promote healthy aging through nutrition science to empower people seeking to enjoy long, active, and independent lives. HNRCA investigators conduct the world's most advanced studies on nutrition and aging. The research focuses on determining the nutrient and physical activity requirements necessary to promote well-being for older adults. HNRCA scientists examine how nutrition and physical activity play a major role in the prevention of the major chronic degenerative conditions and diseases associated with aging.
What You'll Do
The goal of this Research Coordinator position is to help coordinate all study-related activities at the HNRCA-based clinical center for the NIH Common Fund’s Nutrition for Precision Health powered by the All of Us Research Program (NPH). Activities include:
- assisting with multiple aspects of the study set up;
- working with study participants;
- assisting in various study tasks during the active study including participant scheduling, physical measurements, biospecimen processing and shipping;
- and assisting with data collection and quality control.
This position will also interact and communicate with research coordinators at other NPH clinical centers, consortium teams, and scientific core staff.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition or other health-sciences field and 2+ years’ experience in a research setting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite, email, web search.
- Strong data management skills, including the ability to handle and organize data from different sources.
- Experience with data management software programs.
- Experience working with research participants
- Completion of Human Subject Protection training program through CITI within two weeks of hire (required prior to interacting with human subjects)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Interacts well with others
- Master’s degree in nutrition or other health sciences
- Experience with REDCap or other research data collection databases
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish
- Experience working within IRB guidance and policies and e-consenting
- Strong time management and organization skills