The University of North Texas (UNT) Student Health and Wellness center is a full service medical center offering general wellness and specialty medical care to all UNT students. The Student Health and Wellness Center is staffed with licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, certified lab technologists, psychiatrists, registered nurses, registered dietitians, radiology technicians, and massage therapists.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
Serves as the Director of Nursing and directly assists the SHWC Medical Director in the administration of clinical services and the facilitation of health care.
Current Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and five years of LVN experience in a hospital, clinic, or private physician practice including three years of supervisory experience in a medical setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of professional nursing practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of medications, their use, and means of administration.
- Considerable knowledge of nursing procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Ability to direct and coordinate activities of other employees.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.