THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance health care in Vietnam and the world through leading education, innovative research, and technology. Our mission is:
- To develop world-class research and providing outstanding health care education.
- To pioneer the country’s health sciences education and reform.
- To attract and develop healthcare leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – the leading private, not-for-profit health care provider in Vietnam, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam (with more than 1,600 beds), together with its medical research institutes and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam offering 2 hospitals with Joint-Commission International (JCI) accreditation (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city). The Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our primary teaching hospital for the College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, the re-accreditation in 2018, and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance health care through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities in all our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine while there are three residency programs offered i.e. in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, and Pediatrics. All of the health sciences programs are competency-based, developed with the University of Pennsylvania’s technical support. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become healthcare leaders, innovators, and scientists with an entrepreneurial mindset and as prospective agents of change in the future.
The College of Health Sciences at VinUniversity is recruiting multiple outstanding and innovative faculty members (both clinical and non-clinical faculty track) at ranks:
- Associate Professors,
- Assistant Professors,
- Senior Lecturers,
in the following areas of expertise:
- Surgery (especially General Surgery, GI, Pediatrics, Protology)
- Internal Medicine (especially Nephrology, Neurology)
- Clinical Immunology & Allergy
- Family Medicine
- Anesthesiology / Pain Management
- Nursing Science
- Health System / Hospital Administration
The College of Health Sciences faculty members will be responsible for three major responsibilities: teaching, research, and service (including clinical practices with clinical faculty). The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and faculty track in alignment with generally accepted international standards and practices at health sciences universities.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a master/doctorate degree (or equivalent terminal degree) in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have good experience in experiential learning methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), and can successfully employ them in all courses.
- Have a strong record of research accomplishments or potential for future accomplishments (research track).
- Have clinical teaching experiences and relevant certificates is a plus (clinical faculty track).
- Have a high spirit and strong passion for education; demonstrate distinction and/or strong potential in research; Agile to embrace changes and take on new challenges; open-minded to new and different environments; team-player willing to contribute to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.