North Carolina A&T State University and the College of Health and Human Sciences invite applications for the position of Associate Dean for the School of Nursing and Health Services. The Associate Dean will provide visionary and strategic leadership for academic programs, and promote faculty and student success in the School of Nursing and Health Services. The Associate Dean will assist in advancing the legacy and mission of the school, college and university by providing excellent academic programs that meet the needs of the region for a culturally competent, diverse workforce, and to address health inequities through the advancement of research. The Associate Dean reports to the Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences. The position will:
- Provide general oversight and management of programs for academic integrity and quality control.
- Work collaboratively with program leaders and appropriate faculty to review, evaluate, and improve program curricula.
- Work collaboratively with program leaders on the development and administration of policies and procedures related to academic excellence, the success of students, faculty and staff, and to cultivate a supportive environment.
- Provide leadership in the selection, retention, promotion, and development of faculty.
- Serve as a resource to program leaders for the management of program resources, including budgets and facilities.
- Develop and support external relationships to improve programs and strategically plan and develop new degree programs (seated and online).
- Seek sources of outside funding, such as grants, donations, or contracts, in collaboration with the Advancement Office and the College of Health and Human Sciences to advance school priorities.
- Advance the school, college and university’s commitment to research and scholarship.
- Lead strategic planning for academic programs in the School of Nursing and Health Services.