Assistant or Associate Professor of Physiology
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Associate Professor of Physiology to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by contributing to the education of undergraduate medical students, and master of biomedical science students at Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, by providing instruction that will allow learners to acquire a competence with the relationship of normal processes of various systems of the human body, and the integration and regulation of these systems in health and disease. This individual will serve as a member of a team of physiologists in the planning and delivery of physiology content in a multi-discipline, systems-based medical curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- The successful applicant will provide instruction primarily to medical students in the DO program in the areas of gastrointestinal physiology and endocrinology with other topics in physiology addressed as needed.
- This individual will work with other biomedical faculty and clinicians in the planning and delivery of physiology content in a multi-discipline, systems-based medical curriculum.
- Other responsibilities include service to the COM, University, and professional organizations (e.g., committees, mentoring students, reviewing scientific articles and grants), and scholarly activities that result in publications and securing external funding for research.
- The applicant must hold a terminal degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Physiology or a closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience after receipt of the terminal degree, or 2 years of teaching experience with post-doctoral training, is required; teaching experience at a DO or MD medical school is preferred.
- Teaching experience must include gastrointestinal physiology and/or endocrinology. The candidate may be asked to teach in other areas of physiology as needed.
- A proven record of scholarly activity (e.g., publications, grants) consistent with the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor is required for this position.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, three letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a sample of scholarly work.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.