The College of Nursing at the University of Illinois Chicago is one of the premier nursing schools in the nation, with four-degree programs ranked in the top 15 by U.S. News & World Report and a research enterprise ranked No. 7 for NIH funding among U.S. nursing schools. Our mission is to transform health, healthcare and policy through knowledge generation and translation, and also through education of future nurse leaders from diverse backgrounds. More than 1,500 students are enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs at six Illinois campuses: Chicago, Peoria, Rockford, Quad Cities, Springfield and Urbana. We count among our current and emeriti faculty: eight members of the Sigma International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame; 31 fellows of the American Academy of Nursing (AAN); and six former deans and professors named “Living Legends” of the AAN. All this at the University of Illinois Chicago, which has seven times received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Learn more at nursing.uic.edu.
The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) College of Nursing invites exceptional and promising nurse leaders to apply for part-time and full-time Clinical Associate/Instructor positions in the Department of Biobehavioral Nursing Science.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Teaching: Clinical Associate/Instructor faculty participate in teaching at the undergraduate level. Undergraduate teaching consists of traditional classroom lectures, seminars, distance learning and small groups for clinical instruction.
· Participation in scholarly teaching/learning activities (e.g., developing evidence-based learning objectives and tools).
· Clinical supervision or guidance of students, acting as a role model or clinical preceptor.
Scholarship/Research: Nursing scholarship and research span broad content areas, diverse research designs and methodological strategies, including those associated with the biological and social sciences as well as the humanities.
· Utilization of research in clinical practice.
· Evidence of scholarly activities (e.g., presentations, publications, guideline development).
· Practice related publications.
· Support and participation in research activities.
Practice/Service: Clinical Associate/Instructor faculty may contribute to the service mission of the university commensurate with their percent of time allocated to the College. Service activities are conducted in a culturally safe and appropriate manner that demonstrate value for the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. Participation may include service at local, regional, national and international level.
· Membership in professional organizations.
· Participates in clinical practice committees.
· Clinical practice in area of specialization.
· Certification in area of specialization.
· Has held advanced clinical practice positions (e.g. clinical specialist, manager, nurse practitioner in a healthcare agency.
We value diversity and demonstrate this commitment through a variety of initiatives. We encourage individuals from historically under-represented groups to apply. Visit our website to learn more about us at: https://nursing.uic.edu/about/academic-departments/biobehavioral-nursing-science/