Associate or Full Professor (Tenure Track or Tenured) – Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Job ID: 17868
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date: Open until filled with review of applications to begin on December 18, 2017
Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
The Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (GSPHHP) is dedicated to providing cutting edge graduate degree programs and to identifying, designing, implementing and evaluating public health initiatives that promote social justice. The mission of the school is to promote public health policies to improve the health of populations. GSPHHP faculty members are recognized leaders in health policy, community health interventions, epidemiology and biostatistics, and public health informatics, among other areas. Faculty and students are actively engaged in promoting healthy cities in a healthy world. The GSPHHP is located in a new vertical campus in the heart of Harlem in New York City.
GSPHHP seeks tenured or tenure-track faculty at the Associate or Full Professor level in Epidemiology and Biostatistics. This position will report to the Director of Epidemiology and Biostatistics Department.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Strengthen and develop graduate-level training programs in epidemiology and biostatistics;
- Teach graduate courses in epidemiology and biostatistics and mentor graduate students;
- Publish high impact research in epidemiology and/or biostatistics;
- Seek extramural funding with multi-disciplinary research teams; and
- Participate in Department, School, and University events and committees.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Ph.D. degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or related field with strong methodological training.
- Seven years of faculty experience.
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in teaching graduate level epidemiology courses and mentoring graduate students.
- An outstanding publication record in public health that would warrant appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level.
- Active portfolio of extramurally funded research.
- Demonstrated track record and commitment to applied research in communities, workplaces, health departments, or other non-academic settings.
- Expertise in chronic, non-communicable diseases.
How to Apply:
1. Please apply using the link below:
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization). Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
2. Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 17868.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.